The Parent-Teacher Association of PS/MS278 Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization.
EIN is #27-2675233
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
If you have questions about the many ways you can support our school through donations, please contact our 501(c)(3) Committee Chairperson Karen Jolicoeur at firstname.lastname@example.org or our PTA Treasurer Sandra Meadows at email@example.com.
The Parent-Teacher Association of PS/MS 278 Inc. is the community of parents, guardians, teachers and administrators within our school. Our mission is to cultivate the community participation, programs, and funding needed to sustain a rich learning environment for our children. Together we work to encourage parent collaboration in our children’s education, school governance and decision-making; to organize and raise funds for activities, enrichment programs and capital improvements; and to facilitate communication and a cooperative working relationship between the families and the staff of our school.
WAYS TO DONATE
For every $5 in sales from our donated clothes, PS/MS 278 will earn $2.00. 500 items could earn us $1,000 or more! Request a bag to donate your clothes here: http://bit.ly/278Schoola.
Let’s do this!
CLIP THOSE PINK BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Our school earns 10 cents for every box top collected. This may not sound like a lot, but it adds up quickly. School can receive up to $20,000 per school year from clipped Box Tops. Imagine what we can do with $20,000: New books, supplies, field trips, new program funding and more!
Ask family and neighbors to collect Box Tops, put an envelope in your apartment building recycling/garbage room. Send those Box Tops in with your child in an envelope marked “BOX TOPS”. We have dedicated parent volunteers who collect, count and submit the box tops for redemption.
Every time you place an order online a portion of the proceeds will go to the straight to the PTA. Simply go to: smile.amazon.com and when prompted to choose your charity enter: Parent-Teacher Association of PSMS 278 Inc.
Or enter the following link below:
TURN YOUR RECEIPTS INTO CASH!
DOWLOAD the free Shoparoo App
SNAP pictures of your receipts
EARN cash for our school
SHARE with family and friends
(Available in the Apple App Store or Google Play)
DONATE through NYCharities.org
Does your company offer Corporate Matching? Donate now through our website. We are a 501©3 organization and ALL donations are tax deductible. You can also dedicate your gift in honor or in memory of a loved one. Click here to see our page
Many of our teachers raise funds for projects, trips and supplies directly for their classrooms. Examples have been trips to Radio City Christmas Spectacular, laptops, iPods, art supplies, books and so much more!
Ways to Give:
- Checks – Please make checks payable to ‘The PTA of PSMS 278’ and mail it to: PTA Treasuer 421 West 219th Street New York, NY 10034.
- Credit Card – PSMS 278 PTA accepts credit card donations! Please click here to make a credit card donation through our page at NewYorkCharities.org
- Sponsor-A-Program– here are some of the wonderful programs our school offers (and if you have ideas for other programs, please contact Karen Jolicoeur at firstname.lastname@example.org , see examples below)
- Ipads and Ipad stations in the classrooms
- The 92nd Street Y Dance and Music Program
- Wellness in the Schools (WITS) Cafeteria and Healthy Habits Programs
- Library Modernization
- Recycled Materials Visual Arts Showcase
- Spring Fair and Movie Nights
- The Tuesdays at 278 Music Program
When you give money directly to PSMS 278, you help fund programs including:
- Schoolwide Enrichment Model Programs
- Paraprofessional and staff positions
- 8th Grade overnight trips
- English Language Learners Literacy
- Journalism at 278 (Grades K-8)
- Music (including the Music in the Brain Program)
- Art Classes
- Much more!